Dec 17, 2012 | Atlanta, GA
The ARC Student Fellowship Committee consisting of Santosh Vempala, (chair), CS and ISYE, Gregory Blekherman, Math, Santanu Dey, ISYE, David Goldberg, ISYE and Alexandra Boldyreva, CS and Nina Balcan, (CS) announced the winners of ARC Fellowships for Spring 2013. Many thanks to the committee members for their hard work and congratulations to the winners and all the best in their research efforts! The recipients, and their advisors, are:
- Cristóbal Guzmán - Advisor - Arkadi Nemirovski, School of ISYE " A new model for image regularization"
- Chun-Hung Liu - Advisor - Robin Thomas, School of Math "Well-quasi-ordering graphs by the immersion relation"
- Diego Morán - Advisor - Santanu Dey, School of ISYE "On cutting planes for convex mixed-integer programs"
- Ioannis Panageas - Advisors - Prasad Tetali (Math & CS), Frank Dellaert (IC) " Preconditioning in non-Laplacian case"
- Linwei Xin - Advisors - David Goldberg, Alexander Shapiro"Moment Convergence Rate in Stochastic Optimization"