The ARC Committee consisting of Gregory Blekherman, Math; Santanu Dey (Chair); David Goldberg, ISYE; Alexandra Boldyreva, CS, Nina Balcan, CS and Santosh Vempala, CS announced the winners of ARC Fellowships for spring 2014. Thanks to the committee members for their hard work. Congratulations to the winners and all the best in their research efforts! The recipients, and their advisors, are:
- Gustavo Angulo, (Advisors : Shabbir Ahmed and Santanu S. Dey, ISYE ) “A polyhedral study of all-different polytopes"
- Spencer Backman, (Advisor: Matt Baker, Math) "A Complex Valued Hypergraph Laplachain"
- Andreas Galanis, (Advisor: Eric Vigoda, CS) "Hardness of Approximately Counting Colorings"
- Sara Krehbiel, (Advisor: Chris Peikert, CS) "Paying for Privacy"
- Robert Krone, (Advisor: Anton Leykin, ISYE) “Algorithms for Equivariant Ideals and Varieties”
- Andrew Massimino, (Advisor: Mark Davenport) “Constrained Adaptive Sensing"
- Sarah Miracle, (Advisor: Dana Randall, CS and Math) “Markov Chains to Model Segregation and Biased Surfaces"
- Aurko Roy, (Advisor: Santosh Vempala CS and ISYE) "Learning a Polytope"