Spring 2022 Applications: due by Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
All Georgia Tech PhD students are welcome to apply. These fellowships will be funded by ARC, and partially by the student's advisor.
Projects that align with ARC objectives will be considered.
1. Fill out the short online application form, including your 2-page project description and CV: Form
2. Ask your advisor to send a brief (1 paragraph) email recommending their support of the project to email@example.com.
Project description instructions:
- 2 page maximum (excluding references).
- Include a focused research problem (including a precise statement of the problem).
- Discuss the general context of the research, including its importance and significance for non-experts.
- Discuss relevant related/previous work, and include a brief mention of related previous work by the applicant.
Students are strongly encouraged to have their advisor(s) review the proposal before submitting it.
Research topics in the broad areas of algorithms, randomness and complexity are suitable and could range from purely theoretical investigations to system building based on new algorithmic ideas. Projects could be based on collaborative efforts between two or more groups/faculty members. Preference is given to applicants who have not received a previous ARC fellowship.
A list of previous fellowship recipients is available here: http://arc.gatech.edu/education
See: http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vigoda/ARC/ for sample applications from the Spring 2016 ARC fellowship awardees.